Grand Island Foundation
Distinguished Alumni Award Committee Ceremony
In 2007, the Grand Island Foundation began the Distinguished Alumni of Grand Island High School. Since that time, several notable alumni have been inducted and recognized on the wall in the high school.
Criteria for nominating includes the following:
- Graduated from Grand Island Senior High School at least 10 years ago
- Outstanding in his or her profession
- Excellence in his or her chosen field
- Outstanding service to community, profession, or cause
Past Recipients of the Distinguished Alumni Award
Neil Tetkowski - Artist - Class of 1973
James Desemone - MD FACE - Class of 1975
Lee Zeplowitz - CPS CFP - Class of 1976
William Whitford - Sr. Mgr. for Research & Product Dev. - Class of 1972
Karl Kruetz - Research Scientist - Class of 1987
Kathryn Hug Anton - FBI Special Agent - Class of 1987
David Conboy - Engineer/Soldier - Class of 1980
JP Kennedy - Asst. US Attorney Criminal Chief - 1981
Andrew Harbison - Doctor of Osteopathy - Class of 1985
Kevin Erker - Major US Marine Corp - Class of 1992
Dale Brown - Author - Class of 1974
Rossano Galante - Musician - Class of 1985
James Klock - US Secret Service - Class of 1979
Russell Cerlo - Physical Therapist OCS - Class of 1978
Suzanne Tomkins - Clinical Professor of Law - Class of 1973
Elizabeth Robinson Judson PhD - Ceramic Engineer - Class of 1977
Brett Kern - NFL Punter - Class of 2004
Dr. Stacey Schroeder-Watt - Pediatric Anesthesiologist at John R. Oishei Children's Hospital - Class of 1992
Dipak Srinivasan - Space Mission Developer and Implementer at John Hopkins University Applied Physics - Class of 1995
Dr. Malcolm J. Merriweathermusic - director of New York City’s The Dessoff Choirs - Class of 2003
Wayne Sharpe - award-winning television and film composer - Class of 1982
Dr. Anna M. Quider - assistant vice president for federal relations at Northern Illinois University - Class of 2002
The Grand Island Foundation is working on behalf of the Grand Island Central Schools to attract private funds for educational and extra-curricular activity needs not covered by on-going public support.
You can help!
- As a Graduate, you can best appreciate how your educational activities gave you a solid foundation for the future - and how critical it is for today's and tomorrow's students to have similar opportunities.
- As a Resident, your property values are improved through the community's and school district's contributions to the overall attractiveness of Grand Island.
- As a Business Owner, your success hinges on Grand Island's ability to prepare well-rounded individuals, able to participate in a vibrant community.
- As a Parent, you want to ensure that your children continue to receive the very best education and extra-curricular activities available.