Welcome to Human Resources - Personnel
Working Together to Support an Effective Work EnvironmentContact Us:Director of Labor Relations
Suzanne Pfleger (Instructional Staff)
email@example.comTheresa Weaver (Support Staff)
- Employee Benefits
- Worker’s Compensation
- Leaves of Absence (FMLA)
- Retirement Procedures
- Employee Records
- Employment Verification (fax form to 716-774-8773)
- Health Insurance - Contact Suzanne Pfleger regarding Enrollment questions, otherwise
Contact Independent Health Member Services (631-2661)
* with Precertification/Preauthorization Determinations
* to confirm Provider Network Status
* for ID Card re-issue
* Annual Physcial Exam Reward form
* Wellness Reimbursement form
ENROLLMENT IN GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE
Enrollment is allowed during the Open Enrollment period, or within thirty (30) days of a Special Enrollment event and upon meeting the eligibility requirements imposed by the District.
Special Enrollment events occur when:
• a person becomes a dependent of the Enrollee through marriage, birth, adoption or placement for adoption;
• COBRA continuation coverage is exhausted; or
• there is an involuntary loss of health insurance coverage resulting from a loss of eligibility or the employer’s contributions towards coverage were terminated, provided that such person had such coverage at the time coverage hereunder was previously offered.
You must notify Suzanne Pfleger within 30 days of the change!
Enrollees or Family Dependents (other than newborn children of the Enrollee) who are confined to a Hospital; Skilled Nursing Facility; Home Health Care; or other health care facility on the date when this Coverage would otherwise take effect will be eligible for Coverage, effective the first day following the Enrollee’s or the Family Dependent’s final discharge from such confinement (the date after discharge)
Any child to the age of 26 can be added to an enrollee’s plan. Enrollment must be completed within 30 days after the child’s eligibility (coverage will be effective on the first day of the month following enrollment) OR during open enrollment, held during the month of May with coverage effective on July 1.
The following Internet links are provided for your convenience:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - www.ccwny.org
- Health Economics Group (HEG) - www.heginc.com
- NYS Education Dept. - http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/core.htm
NYS & Local Retirement System (ERS) - http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/members/tipstomaximizebenefit.htm#sickleave
- NYS Teachers Retirement (TRS) - www.nystrs.org
NY44 Health Benefits Plan Trust - http://www.ny44.e1b.org
Know Your Rights & Responsibilities:
- Wear rubber soled shoes to prevent slips
- Save your back! Use proper techniques for lifting or moving items
- Be sure to use Urgent Care facilities for minor injuries. ER is not cost-effective!
Link Disclaimer: The links in this area will let you leave the Grand Island Central School District site. The appearance of these links does not constitute endorsement by the Grand Island Central School District of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. Grand Island Central School District does not exercise any control over the information you may find at these locations. Grand Island Central School District cannot attest to the accuracy or appropriateness of information available at any linked sites. The Grand Island Central School District is not responsible for contents of any linked pages or any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites.