CALL FOR 2019-2020 NOMINATIONS FOR VCMS PTA BOARD POSITIONS
In June, VCMS PTA celebrates its 50th anniversary! We're proud to reach this milestone and want to keep our legacy going. To plan for next year, the VCMS PTA nominating committee is looking for volunteers to serve on the board. If you'd like to be part of the team to lead our PTA into the future, please contact Sharon Mudd at email@example.com. Here’s a snapshot of the open positions:
- Work with board members to plan for the school year: budget, fundraising, guest speakers at meetings, fall program for students, and mini-grants
- Schedule, plan, and run PTA meetings (about 6 meetings per year).
- Act as liaison between PTA and school.
- Meet with Mr. Fitzpatrick every other month to discuss PTA and school events and find ways to collaborate.
- Support school clubs by publicizing their events and recruiting volunteers.
- Work with Treasurer and sign checks to pay bills.
- Act as VCMS PTA Facebook Page administrator (one of three admins).
- Check PTA mailbox and distribute mail to board members.
VP of Membership
- Update membership forms. Make copies for welcome packets by mid-August.
- Advertise memberships using Facebook and the NYS PTA MemberHub Portal.
- Coordinate the membership table at Open House.
- Enter memberships into the online portal (very easy).
- Separate monies into memberships and direct donation. Deposit money in the bank, and get the deposit slip to the treasurer.
- Accept and disburse payments.
- Keep accurate records of deposits and payments.
- Count cash at events and deposit at the bank.
- Sit on the budget committee.
- Present a treasurer’s report at every PTA meeting.
- Prepare sign-in sheet for meetings.
- Attend PTA meetings and take minutes. Make copies and distribute them for review.
- Maintain a binder of all meeting agendas, minutes, and other handouts.
- Act as a liaison between VCMS PTA and other Grand Island School PTA units.
- Attend VCMS PTA meetings (about 6 evenings per year) and Council meetings (typically 4 or 5 evenings per year).
- Report to Council on school news, events, and fundraisers.
- Relay pertinent information and updates from Council meetings to VCMS PTA.
Welcome to Veronica E. Connor Middle School (VCMS) PTA! We’re glad you’re part of
our middle school community. We look forward to enriching the year for your child.
If you’re new to VCMS, you might wonder what our PTA does. VCMS PTA funds an
annual author visit, hosts Scholastic book fairs, and provides mini-grants for educational
enrichment activities. In addition, we sponsor one school-wide program. Last year, our
PTA brought youth resilience speaker, Molly Kennedy, to VCMS to present “Creating the
Our PTA connects families to school through regular communication. We publish
weekly VCMS Highlights to give parents an easy way to keep up-to-date on school
news. At our meetings, students are featured guests and talk about their experiences in
clubs, competitions, and service projects. VCMS PTA will continue to build community
and promote family engagement this year.
HELP US KEEP YOU CONNECTED TO VCMS WITH THESE THREE EASY STEPS:
1. Become a VCMS PTA member. It’s only $5 and it means a lot.
• You show support for our work at VCMS.
• You add your voice to other NYS PTA members to advocate for all children.
2. Look for VCMS Highlights in your inbox every Monday.
• Mr. Fitzpatrick sends a weekly e-mail to parents and guardians.
• Open the attached highlights for a snapshot of school and PTA news.
3. Mark your calendar for our PTA meetings. Join us at 6:30 p.m. in the VCMS library.
• Wednesday, March 6, 2019
• Thursday, May 23, 2019
We look forward to welcoming you to school for Open House on September 27. Stop at
the PTA table to become a member and get helpful resources on your way to class.
Veronica E. Connor Middle School PTA President
Welcome to the Veronica E. Connor PTA
Line Up of Student Events at VCMS
Friday, 3/22/19 Shamrock Shuffle
Thursday, 4/18/19 Talent Show
Friday, 5/17/19 Viking Olympics, 5-9 pm
Do you have questions about VCMS PTA? Contact Jennifer Walowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any information that you feel would be useful posted under the PTA pages of this website, or for corrections, please contact Jennifer Walowitz at: email@example.com