Google Docs Basics
- Google Docs provides a free suite of office essentials including Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations and Forms
- Google Docs allows you to access, save and edit your work from any computer connected to the Internet (This means you don't have to worry about using a flash drive and forgetting it either at school or at home!!)
- Share your work with others by inviting selected users
- Edit and collaborate with others worldwide
Creating an Account
- Go to docs.google.com
- If you already have a Google account, enter your username and password. If you don't have a Google account yet, click Create an account now. Note: You must have an e-mail address to access Google Docs. You can create a free e-mail through Google.
Uploading a File
- To upload a file that you created using another program (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...), click the Upload button
- Click Select files to upload
- Browse to find your file on either your computer or flash drive.
- You can add more files or click Start upload
- Your file should now be listed on the Google Docs home screen.
Editing a Document
- Click on the name of the document that you want to work with
- Use the toolbars to make changes if necessary
- Add information by typing right into the document
- Click Save when you are finished working with the document
This short video shows some of the basic features of Google Docs:
See Mrs. Grabek if you need assistance or check out the files below for detailed tutorials that you can print or save.