Professional Development through the CDEP Plan is intended to improve the quality of teaching and learning by ensuring that teachers participate in substantial professional development in order to remain current with their profession and meet the learning needs of their students. All professional development activities are directly related to student learning needs as identified in the school report card and are aligned with the New York State learning standards and assessments.
Technology Focused Training will support the definition of Professional Development as established in the CDEP.
Technology Professional Development: Belief Statements
- Technology based professional development will be connected to a comprehensive change process focused on improving student learning.
- Technology based professional development will be primarily school based and built into the day-to-day work of teaching.
- Technology based professional development will be continuous and on-going, involving follow-up and support for further learning - including support from sources external to the school that can provide necessary resources and new perspectives.
- Technology based professional development will be organized around collaborative problem-solving.
- Technology based professional development will provide opportunities to gain an understanding of the theory underlying the knowledge and skills being learned.