Expectations & Requirements
Classroom Expectations and Requirements
(This information can also be found in your course syllabus from the first day of class.)
1. Be respectful - You may not be friends with everyone in class, but you must respect everyone. We will be doing group activities! I will often be choosing the groups so you will be able to work with everyone. I expect you all to show respect for yourself, me, other students, teachers, and any guests in our classroom. Do not write on desks, other students papers, etc. Foul language will be tolerated. No talking when I am speaking, and please raise your hand to be called on.
I WILL NOT TOLERATE DISRESPECT OF ANY KIND!
2. Be responsible - Part of being responsible is being prepared. Come to every class every day and be on time! (This means in your seat before the bell rings.) If you will be late, bring a pass. Be sure to bring all required materials and completed assignments to class when they are due.
Learning requires a lot of effort- from you AND me. I promise to give you 100% of my effort, and I expect the same from you.
3. Required Materials - Pen (blue or black ink ONLY), and your notebook (3-ring binder with loose-leaf paper and handouts). EVERYDAY. We will have random notebook checks to make sure you are staying organized - if you do not bring your notebook, you will get an automatic zero on this EASY test grade!
4. School rules - they are in effect in our class and are to be followed. Please, no food, drinks (other than water), or gum in class.
5. CELL PHONES - School rules state that these are to be used BETWEEN CLASSES ONLY. If I see one, I will take it. NO EXCUSES.
6. Grades - This class will be a challenge, but I am here to help you whenever you need it! You are the sole person responsible for your grades, so work hard, and take pride in your work! I do not believe in giving grades - you give yourself the grades; I just write them down and enter them into the computer.
- Tests, Quizzes, Essays & Projects are worth 70% of your grade - If you miss a test or a quiz, you need to make it up within three days of returning to school! **It is up to YOU to make arrangements with me!** If you miss the due date for an essay/project (with a legal absence) it will be due the day you come back with no points lost. Essays/Projects are due at the beginning of class. If you are in school at any point during the day an essay or project is due, you are responsible for turning it in that day, even if you miss Global class. ILLEGAL ABSENCES AND/OR LATE ESSAYS/PROJECTS WILL LOSE POINTS.
- NOTEBOOK CHECKS: Please stay organized and bring your notebook to class daily!!! Keep your notes/handouts numbered and in order as you receive them. I will be checking notebooks at random, and they will be worth a test grade.
- Homework is worth 20% of your grade. Unless you are legally absent from class, late homework will not be accepted. If it's not in on time, it's a ZERO. **HOMEWORK IS DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS**
- Participation is worth 10% of your grade. You must come to class every day and participate. You are intelligent people with opinions- so share them! Cooperation, EFFORT, attendance, and participation DO count!!! EVERY DAY counts!!
**CHEATING, PLAGIARISM, AND ANY OTHER FORM OF ACADEMIC DISHONESTY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC ZERO FOR THAT ASSIGNMENT**