The district's School Health Services program supports your student's academic success by promoting health in the school setting. One way that we provide care for your student is by performing the health screenings as mandated by the State of New York.
The following screenings are required and will be completed at school sometime during the school year by your student's School Nurse:
- Vision (Distance screening performed annually for all new students and students in grades K, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 10. Near vision screening and color perception screening done one time for all new students)
- Hearing (Hearing screening performed for all new students and annually for all students in grades K, 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10)
- Scoliosis (Scoliosis or spinal curvature screening performed annually for all students in grades 5-9)
The following is required and may be completed by your healthcare provider or the school's Medical Director:
- Health Appraisal (A physical examination including Body Mass Index and Weight Status Category information is required for all new students and students in grades K, 2, 4, 7 and 10)
The following is requested and may be done by your family dentist:
- Dental Certificate (A dental certificate is requested for all new students and students in grades K, 2, 4, 7 and 10)
A phone call and referral letter will be sent home if there are any abnormal findings on the screenings done at school that would require medical follow-up.