Grand Island School District Athletic Placement Process
NEXT ATHLETIC PLACEMENT PROCESS/ FITNESS TEST
DATE: Monday, November 7, 2022 at 2:20pm in the Middle School Gym
You MUST have your APP Packet completed and bring it with you to the test! No Packet, no Fitness test!!!
The fitness test is for any MS student that wants to play a HS JV or Varsity sport. You must complete the APP packet prior to this date. If the packet is not complete, a fitness test can not be administered. See Mr. Carney with any questions.
MUST complete APP packet BEFORE you can be tested.
Step by Step Process for Parents and Student Athletes
1. Student picks up packet of forms with information & return to Athletic Office (complete) BEFORE fitness testing can be administered.
2. Parents read page “A” and sign (permission form).
(Parent permission (form A) must be completed BEFORE fitness testing on every student or they will not be allowed to participate in a fitness test.)
3. Very Important - can NOT test without
**Student gets skill evaluation completed by (one of the following):
- A Youth/club coach who is knowledgeable about the student’s skill level and has witnessed him/her participate against students of the age level in which they wish to compete.
- A Grand Island School District physical education teacher who is knowledgeable of the student’s skill and fitness level for specific sport.
4. Current pre-participation exam including tanner maturity score. If your child had the sports physical done in school, the athletic department will look up their tanner score.
5. Review and practice fitness procedures before taking the test.
Packets can be picked up in the Athletic Office or online at www.grandislandschools.org, in the athletics tab. All paperwork will need to be completed and turned into the athletic office BEFORE you can take the fitness test.