Athletic Sign Up For Sports/PlanetHS
Sign Up For Sports
In order to sign up for a sport, please follow the instructions linked below to create an account on PlanetHS
Both a parent and student account must be created and linked together.
Once the account is created, you can start to fill out the forms online and submit them for approval. Explanations of the forms are listed below.
- Interval Health History Form: This is the old "green sheet" or form that I emailed to you the last few years with the signature on it. The "Date of Last Physical" field is optional, and unofficial. If your child has had an injury/illness since their last physical exam you may need to provide further clearance documentation from the MD before they can participate. Only to be completed within 30 days of the start date of the sport.
- NYSPHSAA Health Examination: This is the physical or pre-participation exam. Once your account is created, and you have your physical on file at school already or did them at school, the staff will go on and load in your date, no further action is needed for you. If you need a new one, you can upload it directly there, make sure it is legible, and includes the date of exam and MD signature. Or you can submit the paper form via fax, email, or drop it off to the Athletic Office, then the staff will load the date. A NYS Sports Physical is valid for 1 year until the last day of the 12th month, and only has to be valid for the first day of that sport. For example, date of exam 8/12/18 would expire on 8/31/19, and since it covers the first day of a sport, it's good until that season is over. The student would need an updated exam for subsequent seasons.
- NYSPHSAA Concussion Information: NYS required form stating you have been given educational information about concussion and will report a possible concussion. You must open the document in order to sign it.
- Sports Health Form: Demographic, emergency contact, insurance information, duty to warn and consent to treat.
- Athletic Agreement and Code of Conduct: Same Code of Conduct you have signed off on in previous years, just now doing it online. You must open document in order to sign it.