New Student Registration and Enrollment Information
New Student Registration & Enrollment Information
The 2022-2023 UPK Lottery Registration is now closed.
Enrollment Packets are for students registering in and out of the district. Click on the appropriate link below to download the complete enrollment packet.
Hours for Central Registration are 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Central Registration Procedures
- Please call 716-773-8800 (Extension 0) to set up an appointment to register your child. Registration materials (enrollment packet) may be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page or you may pick up enrollment packets at the District Office.
- Completed registrations can be emailed to email@example.com or turned in at the District Office.
- Registration is at the District Office, 1100 Ransom Road. You must bring the required documents.
- After registration is completed at the District Office, please call your child’s respective school to set up an appointment for enrollment.
Getting Ready for Kindergarten
If you have a child turning five years of age on or before December 1, you have probably received a call from the Grand Island Central School District asking you to register your child. If you have not received this call and have a child eligible for kindergarten, please call the District Office at 773-8800 so that your child can be registered.
You must be registered in order to begin receiving important information about kindergarten. You must register even if your child was in our UPK program and/or if your child received special education services as a preschooler.
Sending your child to kindergarten is a big step, but an exciting time in your lives. Once your child is registered, the clock begins to tick, and there are several dates which become important for you to know.
Kindergarten Screening (Parent and Kindergarten Child)
When you register, you will be given an appointment for kindergarten screening. Kindergarten screenings take place, in person, during the summer before Kindergarten. The screening takes about an hour, it takes place at Sidway and you are expected to stay with your child. You will have an opportunity to meet some teachers, our school nurse and some members of the PTA.
We will begin working on kindergarten class lists for the school year immediately following. Be sure to check the District website for updates.
If you have any questions regarding your child coming to kindergarten, please do not hesitate to call Sidway Elementary School at 773-8870. We look forward to welcoming you and your child to Sidway!
School Phone Numbers
- Grades K-1, Sidway, 773-8870
- Grades 2-5, Huth Road, 773-8850
- Grades 2-5, Kaegebein, 773-8840
- Grades 6-8, Middle School, 773-8837/8844
- Grades 9-12, High School, 773-8860/8866